Have no fear, we are coming to Texas this year. Therapy services will be provided by Patricia Martinez Therapy Services for summer camp 2023. Camp will be held at George W. Hawkes Library downtown Arlington. We are excited and can't wait to see you all for summer camp!
Please DO NOT pay the fee until you receive an email acceptance letter for summer camp 2023. The membership fee is $500 per month (June $500 & July $500). This includes field trips, field days, supplies, therapies, shirts, etc.
Here at Micah Speaks Kid Camp we are helping all parents and the community to transform their lives by giving resources to help assist with raising a child that has special needs. We believe that parents are the backbone and best advocates for their children. We will host different events, fundraisers, and a monthly support group for all parents and the community to help their children progress at home. All parents of Micah Speaks Kid Camp will receive a starter packet to help assist their children with different activities. Here are some of the things our community has to offer:
· Hosting various fundraising events (annual gala, carnival, and campaigns)
· Providing helpful community resources
· Getting the community involved through volunteering
· Be a part of the email list for newsletters on upcoming events
The ‘Let’s Talk About It’ parent support group is for the parents to become vocal about various experiences with their children, and to provide helpful tips for other parents with their children. Let’s Talk About It goes live on the Micah Speaks Kid Camp Facebook page every 1st Monday of the month at 7pm CST. Here are the various things our parental support group provides:
· Outlet to publicly speak on different issues of parenting, current events, and education
· Educational resources
· Community service
· Tips for home activities
· Support chatroom and forum
· Virtual support group meetings
· Face-to-face support group meetings